Friday, January 16, 2009

Shit to do for the weekend of 1/16-1/18

So apparently last week's lack of events on the 209Vibe calendar was due to a computer glitch or something. The "add events" function was broken. It works now. Add events, if only to keep me near the borderline levels of sane that I claim to be. Also, I would have posted more but I just bought Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 (go ahead, point and laugh at the wrestling geek, I'll wait) and have been working hard to become Undisputed Champion. Gotta love my priorities. Let's see if there's anything to do this weekend worth putting pants on for.

Sexy Friday 1/16

Punkabilly at the Blackwater tonight at what 209Vibe says is 8am but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they meant pm. The Midnight Howlers, the Infamous Swanks, and the Wilddly Wahs will be there. $6

Saturday 1/17

The Beach Hut Deli celebrates it's one year anniversary at 8:30 with Fresh Kid Q and Letter K and the Alphabet Asylum. Beach Hut's usually got good bands and dollar pints of Pabst so this should be a good show. Free

Sunday 1/18

Who's going to go to a show this Sunday anyways? Like Slick said earlier, this weekend is about the last enjoyable moments you'll have before the media crushes your soul with Obama/Superbowl coverage. Who's the geek for buying a new video game to kill a couple of weeks now? Oh wait, still me. Like me, you'll probably be watching football this Sunday. Feel like being more productive? Go to Fats and watch the game.

Now if you'll excuse me I have a ladder match to win.

No comments: