Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Seven Days of Jolly Drinking, Day 1

The first day got off to an inauspicious start.  Nothing spectacular, just stopped by an old favorite in Valley Brew.  Now I say old favorite because they got rid of an all time favorite past-time of mine, and that was $5 pitchers on Sundays.  

How do you win me back?  $6 dollar pitchers!  I'll take that.  Three pitchers later, and I'm reminiscing of a summer filled with bad decisions.  So my money stretched a good distance.  Sports on TV?  Check.  But, How much hockey can you really have on?  Did every TV need to be on hockey?  How did they know I love to watch Canadiens brutalize each other?  

Strange factor was non-existent.  Hey, it was Monday, they can't all be winners, although the waitress and bartender were definitely ok in my book.  

All in all it was a good start to the seven days.  Tonight should get a little more interesting.  

1 comment:

Slick Diaz said...

I'm reminiscing of a summer filled with bad decisions.

So every summer then?