Thursday, September 11, 2008

Why special elections suck

(Ed. note: Sorry for the late-ish start. I pulled a Duke and thought I posted this. We also promise this is the last time we'll talk about this, unless of course the recall actually happens. Which if it does, we're moving to Reno -Slick)

I know this was touched on earlier, but as the plot starts to thicken, more info comes out...

It's crazy to think that 2007 was the first time in 5 years California did not have an election. And here we go again with a prison guard union trying to recall Arnie. What really blows my mind is the fact that its going to cost the union somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 million dollars to get the required signatures needed to get a special election. Um, what?

My math might be off, but if you are pissed about overtime, as well as working without a contract, I would think that's money better spent on, I don't know, your guards?

I'm sure the people crying about this are enthralled their union dues are going out instead of back in.

And on just a side note, being one of those people who has been associated with our local jail, I know guards starting off make ballpark 65K, and with OT, can make 100K their first year. I just can't think to feel bad for those guys.

Previously on Reclaiming the Title: Just what we need, an extended election season

No comments: