Wednesday, September 3, 2008

(Insert "you fucked up" chant here)

Sorry for my absence guys. I thought I had posted the BWDW on Friday but I guess I just saved it as a draft or something. Since the bar it was about is in the past tense now the post needs to have some tinkering done to make it relevant. It'll be up Friday, unless I fuck it up again. Which is not only possible, but probable.

Slick's back in town but it's been a pretty slow local news week. The front page of the local section (and the featured story on recordnet.com?) was a story about a motivational speaker doing his thing at St. Marys. He has no arms, no legs, and what looks like a penis for a foot. (Don't worry, I'm 99% sure I'm going to hell anyways.) It's a touching story. And by touching I mean mind-crushingly useless. (Did you know you should be yourself and not sweat high school drama? Thanks Jesus freak...err guy.) I saw through this shtick when I was 14. Can't they at least have gotten Matt Rolloff?

Oh, and Fitzy wants us to buy a boat because it was built in Stockton. Which makes sense since the city's been trying so hard to keep other historical pieces of Stockton around. Oh wait. Well, at least Stockton's got the extra scratch to throw around...oh wait. (Yes, both those columns are from the same edition of the Record, only 7 freaking pages apart. But I'm stealing Slick's thunder. I just had to point that out.)

Lastly, I put the all points bulletin out on MySpace, but if you're a local band interested in getting your music played on our coming-sooner-than-you-think podcast, shoot me an e-mail.

No comments: