Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Valley Brew is dead to us

As if there hasn't been enough bad news this week, I totally forgot the most important revelation from the Pub Crawl a couple of weeks ago. I was pretty hammered when I found out this bit of news so you can forgive me for the cloudiness around this subject just barely clearing up. You might want to sit down for this.

Are you sitting?

Good.

Valley Brew no longer brews Hitman Gold. See, I told you sit down. In their apparent ongoing campaign to get rid of the things people actually like (which is ironically also the Record's business model), the beer brewed in honor of Bret the Hitman Hart has fallen by the wayside. Combine this with the fact that they no longer serve $5 pitchers and that leaves the deep fried mushrooms and yam fries as the only real reason to go to Valley Brew anymore.

Even after they got rid of $5 pitchers, Valley Brew was on the short list of eventual Bars We're Down With inductees. Luckily we never got around to their inducting them because this lack of Gold is the last straw. While I'll always fondly remember Bris Isaak downing a cup of ranch as if it were a shot after we finished demolishing some yam fries and mushrooms, I have to say Valley Brew is no longer a bar we're down with.

No comments: