Friday, October 3, 2008

About fucking time

I've been fairly critical about the lack of marketing done for the upcoming Kings/Clippers preseason game at the Spanos Center. I placed blame on pretty much everybody (including you! Yes, you. And the person behind you.). I had hope change would occur but let's face it, if something were to change somebody would sue to put that change to a public vote.

But wait a second, what's this on the back page of the sports secti...Holy Barack Obama Batman! Motherfucking change! That right, the Record apparently has heard the plea to get their asses in gear. Sure, it's placed on the back page of what is almost assuredly their worst section. And yeah, I almost missed the ad myself because like most readers I've trained my eyes to skip ads in favor of actual articles. But it's something, which is really all I was asking for in the first place.

Bonus points for thinking outside the box and going with the special correspondent contest. (Wow, the Record's really contest happy this month, aren't they?) I might actually even take a shot at entering. Let's see if that month I spent in Delta's photojournalism class before I dropped it will pay off.

No comments: